Credential Book Compilation
- Written by NY Registrar NY Registrar
Credentials Book Instructions and Compilation Guidelines 2018 Season
USA Hockey has modified the requirements for teams vying for a NY District Tournament and National Tournament bid. Beginning with the 2017-18 season: Code of Conduct form is no longer required as part of the credentialing process. However, the Consent to Treat form has been added back to the credential requirement and must be in teh credential book prior to approval. The Credential Verification Sheet will reflect this change.
To facilitate the process of approving information for the NY District Tournament/Playdowns and USA Hockey National Tournaments, all qualifying teams will present their information in a THREE RING BINDER, organized with divider tabs; referred to as the team’s credentials book. Individual document protector sheets are discouraged and should not be used. The book shall be arranged in the following order:
1. Cover page: Includes the organization name (this is not the team’s nickname), team playing level, classification, tier designation, season, the name of the head coach and manager’s name, cell phone and email address.
2. A pre-printed Credentials Verification Sheet (CVS)-report Form 1 – C. This Form is available from the organization registrar which is located in the USAH registry tool and lists all the participants and staff approved to the team. This pre-printed sheet is left blank and is to be completed by the official USA Hockey or NY District designee reviewing credentials. This is not to be completed by the team manager or team representative. If the team qualifies for the National Championship an additional blank CVS is to be included in the book for the USAH Registrar to complete. NOTE: Credentials are reviewed again prior to approval to attend a national tournament.
3. TAB 1 - Roster form 1 - T and Team History: Includes the team's Main roster with all subsequent roster changes (additions or deletes). Note that all rosters MUST BE APPROVED & VALIDATED by a USAH registrar for NY. The Roster does not need to be signed by the players. Nothing should be handwritten on the rosters. A TEAM HISTORY report must be included in this section and placed after the primary roster(s). The history report is generated by the organization registrar and should be given to the team prior to the credential review since it must reflect all roster changes.
Notes on the roster:
Verification and affirmation that a review of each player’s date of birth and citizenship has been completed by a district or associate registrar. Players are deemed ineligible without verification. The roster will be stamped accordingly. If the roster has a “V” symbol in the “DOB Verification” column, the verification of birth has been completed for the participant. NO FURTHER PROOF is required. This will also show up on the CVS. Organizations and teams should not collect and keep birth certificates once the verification is done.
Per NY District Rules: It is a NY district mandate that all players 8 and under and those players on a state and national bound team must supply a government issued birth certificate or passport identification page for each rostered player to the USA Hockey registrar for verification and affirmation prior to (or with) roster submittal.
~~ Hospital birth records, religious Baptismal records are not acceptable forms or proof ~~
4.Coaches, staff and Manager: Every coach and staff member must meet the requirements as established by USAH, the NY District and the section the team registers in.
- COACH Requirements:
- USAH registration
- Background Check
- Safesport training
- A current, unexpired, valid coaching credential & level
- Appropriate age specific module mandated by USA Hockey
- MANAGER Requirements:
- USAH registration
- Background Check
- Safesport training
5. SafeSport and Screening:
All coaches and staff are required to submit to a background screening check in the NY district and complete the SafeSport Training Program every two seasons. Coaches and other volunteers in USA Hockey programs that have regular, routine or frequent access to or supervision over youth participants, such as team managers, locker room monitors, chaperones, etc., are required to screen and complete the SafeSport Training prior to such access, participation and roster addition and approval. The USAH Registry grays out those that are not in compliance with SafeSport and does not allow roster placement. There is no participation until screening and the SafeSport training is complete and showing in the registry. This may take a few days to a few weeks to be merged, so plan accordingly.
Safesport and screening are valid for 2 seasons (not 2 years). Those who have screened or taken safesport 2 seasons ago (prior to 4/1/16) will need to screen again and/or take the refresher SafeSport course this 2017-18 season (this is noted in the USAH registry as "expiration 2017-2018"). Note that the refresher SafeSport course will only be available until 11/1/17. The USOC will have updated training after that date which will require everyone to take the complete course.
This SafeSport training is mandated for all team managers and team volunteers. Parents can take a parental course, but this does not count toward the training for a staff member. SafeSport Training will appear on the roster with the word “verified” and as a check mark on the CVS for all those that are in compliance. Screening will show on the roster as either Completed or not completed and as a checkmark on the CVS. Those that are showing as “not-completed” must include their background screening receipt in the credential book with the roster.
6. Managers and Volunteers must register online
Team Managers and program Volunteers are required to register online. There is no charge for this registration. This registration does not allow on-ice participation but is a good way for you to be able to have Team Managers and Volunteers in your program. The confirmation number that they receive is required for the SafeSport video training which is available at no charge. After registering with USAH online as a manager they need to be added to the roster and are required to have submitted to a background screening check.
7. TAB 2 - Consent to treat form - Contact your club registrar for the form. Each player, coach, manager must have the form completed prior to the start of the tournament. Electronic signatures are not acceptable. The form must be signed by the parent in ink.
8. TAB 3 - Sanctioned game scoresheets:
Beginning with the 2017-18 Season, all teams in the NY District, MUST USE THEIR REGISTERING CLUB NAME AND NOT A NICKNAME ON ALL DOCUMENTS, SCORESHEETS, TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION including the NY District tournament and the National Tournament ETC. This includes the following areas: Scoresheet home/away team names, roster/playing lineup labels, penalties, scoring, goals per period tally etc. Non-compliance will result in the game sheet not meeting the standards, will be considered tainted and thrown away (meaning: not used toward the credential requirement)
- Game scoresheets will be reviewed to verify eligibility compliance for each team and every rostered player.
- For scoresheets to count in meeting the 20/10 Youth/High School, 14/10 Girls/Women’s and 10/8 Midget Tier III minimum required number of games rule, that team’s player roster form 1 – T must be certified by the appropriate USAH registrar prior to that game being played. This includes all supplemental and amended rosters.
- Labels should be in alphabetical order.
- Scoresheets should be Organized in Date Order from the earliest game played to the latest
- Only games played against another properly registered team at that competitive age level from another organization can be used to satisfy the requirement
- Only games played on/or after the validation date on the roster will count toward credentials. All other sheets are unacceptable.
- It is not mandated that scoresheets are signed by the participants
- Players not participating should be clearly crossed off the scoresheet/label
9. FINAL NOTES ON CREDENTIALS
Credentials books for all teams qualifying for the NY District Tournaments must be reviewed by their section representative prior to attending the state tournament. These results are required to be sent to the USAH District Registrar, Tom Branden 10 days prior to the start of the tournament.
Questions on credentials can be directed to Tom or Janice at the email addresses listed.