USA Hockey, Inc., is the National Governing Body for the sport of ice hockey in the United States. Its mission is to promote the growth of hockey in America and provide the best possible experience for all members by encouraging, developing, advancing and administering the sport. Join as a player, coach, referee, or volunteer. Membership is easy. Register Now.

USA Hockey offers a wide range of classifications, training and benefits for athletes, coaches, officials, parents and volunteers; including disabled and special needs hockey. USAH training is used across the country and sets the standard for the game of ice hockey. To view or browse any of the articles on the right sidebar menu just click the title. 

Things to keep in mind:

  • A player may be registered in only one (1) national ice hockey federation. All USA Hockey Participants (players and coaches) must complete the USA Hockey registration process. The Affiliate (NYSAHA), the section in which you register, an organization and league can also specify participation rules. Check with your local governing body to determine the rules for your area.
  • Participant registration is complete when the individual member registration information and all appropriate fees are received, and the Participant is processed by a USA Hockey Member Program. A USA Hockey Member Program is a local association approved by a USA Hockey Affiliate.
  • Citizenship Eligibility (contact the District Registrar Tom Branden Immediately if there are non-US citizens enrolled in your program to determine eligibility): Only U.S. citizens are eligible to participate in the National Player Development Program. Players that are citizens of another country may be eligible if they meet certain criteria. Firstly, players who are citizens of another country must reside in the U.S. with a parent and will need to provide documentation. 
    • For players who are citizens of another country and are residing in the U.S. without a parent, the player must hold an Alien Registration Receipt Card or Permanent Resident Card or an F. Academic Student classification visa or J. Exchange Alien visa.